Upgrade to .NET >= 4.0?

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Hi,

Any plans to upgrade to .NET 4.0 or greater? I tried downloading the latest source code and migrating each project but doesn't seem to work right away. It may need some work to upgrade it. It compiles but tests fail and the WinForms app doesn't run.

For some reason after upgrading to the latest I got some issues deploying to IIS, I got the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'SIT.Components.ObjectComparer' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'SIT.Components.ObjectComparer' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'SIT.Components.ObjectComparer' could not be loaded.

My IIS runs 64 bits apps, If I enable the option: "Enable 32 bit applications" it works fine. But if i disable it I get the error above. Could this be related to the build file you uploaded in Oct 7 2013. This wasn't happening with the previous version.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Hi,
no Problem with .net4. I've changed the nuget package so that it includes both Version (net20 and net40). And the binaries are compiled for AnyCPU, now.

And with AnyCPU the BadImageFormatException should not come up now.

Please give me Feedback.

Thanks,
Alex
Marked as answer by testy on 4/8/2014 at 4:37 PM
Feb 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I'm planning to upgrade the package today to 1.3.3 to make sure everything works fine. I'll let you know.